Brookside Church opened its doors in 1958 on the northeast side of Fort Wayne. It was started as a church plant from another Fort Wayne church known as the Evangelical Mennonite Church. Initially located in what is known as the former Griswold farmhouse, a small chapel was built on St. Joe Road in 1959 for a whopping $37,450 (a lot of money at the time, but you can pay more for a car these days).
Brookside constantly grew over the years, adding more members, more staff, and eventually needing more space. Our current location on Evard Road was built in 1975, and in 1996 the name was changed from Brookside Evangelical Mennonite Church to Brookside Community Church.
Community, relationships, and missions have been the foundational interests of Brookside Church since the beginning. Kid's ministries, various adult ministries, and numerous outreach ministries have brought countless numbers to faith over the last 60 years. But we have more work to do. And so we keep moving forward towards Jesus-centered everything.