What is MOPS?
MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. MOPS International exists to encourage equip and develop every mother of preschoolers to realize her potential as a woman, mother, and leader in the name of Jesus Christ. MOPS recognizes that the years from infancy through kindergarten are foundational in a mother-child relationship and are filled with unique needs. MOPS is not just for mothers of children who are in pre-school, but it is for all mothers whose children are birth through kindergarten.
• A haven for soothing frazzled nerves and forming lifelong friendships.
• A quality children’s program.
• Interesting, informative, and helpful teaching by experienced mothers who shares biblical
• Truths and practical ways to fulfill the varied roles of mother, wife, and woman.
• Discussion groups in an encouraging atmosphere where moms can express their feelings.
• An opportunity to complete a creative project that moms would probably not have time or energy to complete at home.
Brookside MOPS exists to enrich and encourage mothers of preschoolers through friendship, fellowship, and faith.
What can I expect at meetings?
You can expect to meet a lot of other moms who are just like you! When you walk into our meeting room, expect a warm greeting, hot breakfast, a speaker, fellowship, discussion groups, and craft or activity. Volunteers (Moppet workers) care for your children in age-appropriate classrooms during meeting times. All children under age 1 will be held, rocked, loved, and kept safe until you pick them up again. Children 1 and 2 years old will keep active with puzzles, coloring, and games to help with their dexterity. Children ages 2 and up will enjoy a snack, craft, story time and recreation time. Moppet workers provide a safe, secure and loving environment so that moms can relax and have fun with other moms!
MOPS meets September through May on the first and third Fridays. A registration form to print is available at the bottom of the page.
For more information, please contact us: