Considerations for Brookside Church and Other Ministries
- 1. Application is filled out 6-8 weeks before the event.
- 2. Does our master calendar accommodate the dates requested?
- 3. How does the event fit with Brookside's ministry, values, and mission?
- 4. Will the event compete with similar ministries already scheduled?
- 5. Do we have the resources to carry out the request (space, personnel, etc.)?
- 6. Should we encounter conflicts or concerns, we will propose adjustments to the event, or in some cases, we may decline the request.
- 7. While we may agree to host an event, we may decline to promote the event. We do not use Brookside channels to promote community groups or private events unless these events partner with Brookside (i.e., Senior Adult Luncheon, Brookside Women's Ministry, Outreach, etc.) and essentially become a Brookside-sponsored event.
Groups, Sporting Events, & Private Events
Because we desire to be good neighbors and to build healthy relationships within our community, we host outside community groups and private events when possible. Approval of these events is subject to considerations listed above and below. We want to serve you well! If we cannot do that, we will decline the request or work with you to find a different time to allow your event to take place at Brookside.
Groups include HOAs, staff meetings for outside organizations, etc. Sporting Events are those requesting the use of our gym or outdoor space. Private Events include parties, showers, reunions, etc. (Weddings and memorials are a separate approval process, and that information can be found at brookside.org/weddings-memorials.)