Church Unscripted | Episode 26
In today's fast-paced world, it's easy to feel disconnected and isolated. Building a supportive community can be challenging, especially when faced with hard conversations. However, within our own families and homes, we have the opportunity to foster a stronger sense of faith and community. In a recent episode of our Church Unscripted podcast, our team explored powerful insights on how to navigate difficult dialogues with grace and love. Let's delve into their wisdom.
Quotes from THIS Episode
"The Importance of Fasting for the Heart": "it's more important about the heart of it because, really, all they were doing was fasting for the religious sake to say I fast... but they weren't allowing it to affect their heart."
- Pastor David
"I don't think anyone can have your back until you let people into that space. So that's what I'm learning, and that's what I'm working on."
- Pastor David
"I think a lot of demoralization comes from broken relationships...our god gives us so much encouragement and training in scripture to rebuild those relationships."
- Pastor Eric
"I think the way you get spiritual victory is not by praying the right prayer. It's by having the right kind of disciplines in place to keep the intimacy and the connection with the heart of God alive and well."
- Pastor Eric
"I'm not put on this planet to do life alone. And so, though, it's not a natural thing for me. It's something that Christ has been growing me into. I figure if Christ wanted people around him, I should probably want people around me."
"Let's lock arms. Let's walk together. Let's fight for each other. Let's love each other. Let's figure out how to do this. And we'll all grow closer to Christ in the process."
- 1. What are your thoughts on the role of structure and discipline in spiritual growth?
- 2. How can we distinguish between healthy and unhealthy conflicts within our relationships?
- 3. What emotional and spiritual hurdles prevent us from engaging in spiritual disciplines, and how could they be overcome?
- 4. Have you ever had an experience with rebuilding after experiencing wounds? If so, what did you learn from it, and how can this process help others in distress?
- 5. How can we balance promoting spiritual disciplines with avoiding legalism?
- 6. In your opinion, what are some possible causes of fear and guilt among believers, and how can we address them biblically?
- 7. How can we cultivate meaningful relationships that motivate spiritual growth and transformation?
- 8. How can we stay faithful to God's vision for our lives and organizations in the face of oppositions, distractions, and challenges?
- 9. Do you agree that behavior is crucial when it comes to fasting? Can you share your thoughts on Pastor Eric's interpretation of Isaiah 58?
- 10. What's your view on legalism, and do you think the church has gone too far in cautioning against it?